luni, 10 noiembrie 2008

Dare to Be Different!

That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke,
in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights
in the world. Phil. 2:15.

Let every one, for Christ's sake and for his own soul's sake, shun
conformity to the world, to its customs, vanities, and fashions. Beware of
human commandments that will obscure the holy commandments of God. The
pleasure lover is ever unsatisfied, and continually desires to seek again
the excitement of the ballroom, the theater, or the party of pleasure. The
time God has granted us in which to prepare for eternity is spent by
thousands in poring over fictitious stories. God-given intellect is
perverted, the Word of God is neglected, the mind and soul are robbed of
moral power needed for wrestling against faults and errors, habits and
practices, that disqualify the soul for the enjoyment of Christ's
presence....

Let the question be asked seriously and with intense interest, "How is
it with my soul? Am I by my habits and practices working against my
Redeemer?" Inquire, "Do I bring glory to Christ? Do I show to a disobedient
and crooked generation that I choose to suffer reproach for the sake of
Jesus?" . . . Will the professed followers of Christ aim high, and reach the
standard of holiness? Better be a worldling than a common, cheap, professed
Christian. Dare to come out from the world and be separate. Dare to be
singular because you love Jesus better than the world, and righteousness
with persecution better than disobedience with worldly prosperity. Holy and
entire obedience through dependence upon the Lord Jesus Christ will
strengthen the soul to be steadfast in the faith and hope of the gospel.

Jesus says, "Without me ye can do nothing" (John 15:5). Union with
Christ is our only means for overcoming sin. Living in Christ, adhering to
Christ, supported by Christ, drawing nourishment from Christ, we bear fruit
after the similitude of Christ. We live and move in Him; we are one with Him
and one with the Father. The name of Christ is glorified in the believing
child of God. This is Bible religion.

>From That I May Know Him - Page 318

Un comentariu:

  1. The good news is that Christ is with us all the way. We have the greatest power on our side, why should we fear being different? I have experienced in my life the power of God when I had to stay behind my principles - God not only supported me, but made me stronger and fearless! I wish that everyone feels that strength, too! Be different for Him and Jesus will be with you everywhere!

    RăspundețiȘtergere

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed